Good Coffee, Great Crowd, Superb Location – Served Hot at the Harbor Quay
I have done a lot of traveling and know that most vacations are typically spent at a breakneck pace – constantly keeping up with an itinerary, dashing here and there to check out places to see, sample local dishes and everything else in between.Not particularly relaxing, eh? Which is why its practical to spend at least a full week at a certain destination to enjoy the sights and sounds at an unhurried pace.
Watch the World Go By
For locals and tourists looking for a great place in Port Alberni, BC to simply while the day away, shopping, eating and simply relaxing with friends, Harbor Quay is definitely the ideal place to be. Take leisurely walks and enjoy the fresh sea breeze as you venture from shop to shop.When sampling wonderful local treats, make sure to pick a table outside, that way you can enjoy lunch or dinner with a spectacular sight overlooking the Canal.
The Harbor Quay is a vibrant district located in downtown Port Alberni, on a bustling strip right along the waterfront.You can find a conglomeration of fine restaurants, galleries and specialty shops, which make it a favorite hangout for both locals and tourists alike. You can spend a full day of fun, without the constant need to rush.
Top 5 Harbor Quay Attractions
I recently had a chance to visit again and spend a lazy afternoon at the Harbor Quay.Since my last stopover about two years a go, it’s comforting to notice that while there are many changes here and there, the old familiar charm of the place still remained.
For tourists, here are some personal recommendations of the great things you can do here to pass the time:
1. Enjoy the view. Climb up the Clock Tower at the Quay and enjoy a breathtaking seagull’s view of the magnificent Alberni Inlet.
2. Take a short trip. Get down to the Lady Rose to take a trip down the Canal. This one is truly wonderful during sunny days.
3. Go shopping. Check out what this stroller’s paradise has to offer with its string of shops, galleries and restaurants.
4. Grab a bite at the Donut Shop. This is a small hole-in-the-wall store where you can sample the best maple donut! Offering 22 varieties of different flavored fresh homemade donuts, they have been known to offer the best donuts on Vancouver Island. Whether you are a donut lover or not, don’t leave without grabbing a bite or two.
5. Indulge your sweet tooth. Take home a few succulent treats by dropping by at Sugar Shack, where you can find a wide selection of Belgian chocolates and gourmet candies.
For information on how to get here, check out Vancouver Island travel.
Republished under Creative Commons License from West Coast Aquatic Safaris, an acclaimed Bear Watching, Whale Watching, Hot Springs Cove Tour Co & Marine Charter Co in Tofino, BC on the famed west coast of Vancouver Island. Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor.
Featured Image Credit: OurBC.com