If you’ve heard about Tofino on Vancouver Island, we know you can’t wait to book Tofino accommodations for your next vacation. This is a quaint fishing village waiting to welcome you with long stretches of white, sandy beaches. We are happy to add to your fun by offering some bits and pieces of information that will help you have the grandest time ever.
Did You Know This Bit of History?
The District of Tofino is located on the western coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. The place acquired its name in 1909 when the Tofino Post Office was opened, and the name was bestowed in honor of Admiral Vincente Tofino, a Spanish commander.
Tofino is undeniably one of the most popular tourist attractions in the country, especially during summer. The town’s population doubles and even triples in number in the hot season because it attracts nature lovers, whale watchers, fishermen, campers, surfers, beach-goers and all the tourists who are looking for a way to get up close and personal with nature.
There are Awe-Inspiring Beaches and Great Accommodations
Book your accommodations early as Tofino is a very popular tourist destination:
• The Pacific Sands Beach Resort – Among the crystal clear waters and fine sands of Tofino beaches, this resort is one of the most popular. It is located on Cox Bay on the edge of the Pacific Rim National Park, only a short drive from Long Beach.
Pacific Sands takes pride in an ambience that enhances romance, fun, and family. It is part beach house and part full-service luxury vacation spot with gorgeous ocean views. There are private decks and comfortable rooms that have fully-equipped kitchens, bathrooms, and other up-to-date amenities such as cozy fireplaces, social barbecue areas, hot tubs, and much more.
In addition, all suites have local Tofino Company organic coffee, a gas fireplace, a patio or a balcony, flatscreen television and DVD player, toiletries, hair dyer and ironing boards. The place is also peppered with classy and casual restaurants that will surely satisfy your hunger pangs anytime.
• There are other wonderful accommodations in Tofino with superb services:
– Beach Break Lodge
– Chesterman Beach Bed and Breakfast
– Cable Cove Inn Ashram Spa & Dining – luxury accommodation that caters exclusively to couples
– Clayoquot Orca Lodge
– Duffin Cove Resort
– Dolphin Motel
– The Ecolodge at Tofino Botanical Gardens
– Marina West Motel.
All these wonderful places to stay in Tofino offer affordable rates without compromising the quality of their services and amenities.
Events to Enjoy at Tofino
Of course, swimming, surfing and sunbathing aren’t the only noteworthy activities in Tofino. You can enjoy biking, boating, fishing, whale watching, marathons – and don’t forget the festivals!
A variety of festivals are held in the district every year, and if you are fortunate enough to spend your well-deserved vacation in Tofino during these celebrations, brace yourself for an overload of fun and adventure:
- March is the month when you can watch the migration of thousands of grey whales .
- The last weekend of April is allotted for the Tofino Shorebird Festival.
- Foodies love the Tofino Food and Wine Festival held every first weekend of June.
- The Tofino Lantern Festival, celebrated every year at the end of August has been voted as the town’s most popular event by the Tofino Time Magazine.
- The “Art in the Gardens” is an art and music festival that definitely pleases the artsy crowd.
Next summer, pack your bags and head to Tofino for a fulfilling and enjoyable getaway from all the hassles and noises of the city. Make sure you book Tofino accommodations well in advance as the place is packed with tourists most of the time.
To check out transportation options to reach Tofino, check out our Vancouver Island travel page.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Amazing Vancouver Island and a clickable link back to this page.