Chemainus is ready to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday! This year the stage is set at Waterwheel Park for an annual family-friendly event with TONS of free activities and perks like tasty treats! Enjoy your day dressed in your best red and white clothes while at the park.
This is just a sample of some of the awesome things you can do on this special date!
- Games – The Chemainus Valley Museum will be hosting fun activities for all ages of children, with prizes to boot!
- Garage Sale – Also being held by The Chemainus Valley Museum, find something special and come and try to win that quilt you’ve had your eyes on at the bi-annual raffle (you’ll need a ticket though)
- FREE cake and ice cream – courtesy of the 49th Parallel and Island Farms!
- Pony rides & petting zoo – Tigerlily Farms will be providing some awesome hands-on experience that kids and adults are sure to enjoy!
- Hotdogs, hamburgers, and pizza – come and try a hot dog or hamburger (or both!) made by the Chemainus Legion #191 and Chemainus Valley Museum as they cook and plate delicious barbecue lunches. If you haven’t tried the pizza from Impulse Pizza yet, you’re in for a treat!
- And much, much more!
This year’s Canada Day event is FREE thanks to the generosity of Heritage Canada. Also, the event will be hosted and sponsored by Chemainus Business Improvement Association and the Chemainus Valley Museum.
Happy Canada Day!
Event Name: Celebrate Canada Day in Chemainus
Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017
Time: 11am to 3pm
Location: Waterwheel Park, Chemainus
Contact: Krystal Adams
Official website: http://visitchemainus.ca/