Vancouver Island Conference Centre in Nanaimo BC
The Vancouver Island Conference Centre is located in beautiful downtown Nanaimo on the sheltered eastern coast about mid Island. It is just a block from the spectacular Nanaimo Harbour, waterfront parks and walkways. The award winning conference centre, opened in 2008, is considered to be the finest full-service convention center on Vancouver Island.
The conference centre has a number of conference and meeting spaces including a 13,000 sq ft ballroom which is divisible, 9 multi-purpose meeting rooms, business centre, a 200-seat tiered auditorium and a 800-seat Port Theatre adjacent to the conference center.
The Vancouver Island Conference Centre, a favorite amongst conference planners, received the prestigious Silver Service Award from Meeting Professionals International. It is conveniently located to service all parts of the Island.
Vancouver Island Conference Centre Facilities
The conference centre can accommodate:
- conferences for up to 1,300 attendees
- trade shows
- small and mid-sized meeting with first-class audio-visual including screens and projectors in each meeting room
- weddings for up to 1,300 guests
The conference centre provides professional service, friendly people all in an a relaxed environment and views to rave about. Nanaimo has one of Canada’s most temperate climates – never too hot or too cold.
Getting to the Vancouver Island Conference Centre
- A 20 minute flight from Vancouver International airport, then a 15 minute drive.
- Sea plane service from Vancouver and other locations, then a few blocks walk.
- Scenic BC Ferry service from Vancouver’s Departure Bay (West Vancouver) or Tsawwassen (South of Vancouver close to the US Border)
- Ferry service from Washington State to Victoria at the southern tip of Vancouver Island, then a 1.5 hour drive to Nanaimo.
- By highway from all parts of the Island.
Contact Info for the Vancouver Island Conference Centre
Tel: 250-244-4050 or 1-866-430-MEET (6338).
Fax: 250-244-4055 email: email@example.com.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Amazing Vancouver Island and a clickable link back to this page.