It’s Canada’s 150th and Nanaimo is ready to celebrate it! 2017 will provide Nanaimo the opportunity to build on its history and figure out where Nanaimo will become more recognizable in the future.
The country’s birthday party is sure to be a party you don’t want to miss! There will be a HUGE amount of events taking place, which will include the following:
- Shaw Kids zone
- Food vendors from 10am to 8pm
- A commemorative bathtub run from Nanaimo to Vancouver at 11am
- Interactive booths including Nanaimo SPCA, Vancouver Island University, South Nanaimo’s Panago Pizza, and more
- H.M.C.S. Nanaimo tour from 1 to 4pm at the Visiting Vessel Pier
- Live performances from 10am to 3pm featuring the Purple Pirate, Kumbanna Marimba, David Gogo (Nanaimo’s award-winning Blues artist), and so much more
It’s all topped off with a fireworks display at dusk in the Nanaimo Harbour!
See you there!
Event Name: Celebrating Canada 150 in Nanaimo
Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017
Location: Maffeo-Sutton Park, 50 Arena Street, downtown Nanaimo
Contact: Nanaimo 150
Official website: http://www.nanaimo150.com/