Are you dreaming of a white Christmas this year? If it’s not snowing already, make this your year to have one! The Mount Washington Alpine Resort presents their Winter Wonderland event, lasting from mid-December till the start of the new year! This is your chance to enjoy Christmas with family and friends along with, yes, snow! There will be skiing, riding, snow tubing, visits from Santa, and other numerous events taking place that are sure to make for an unforgettable holiday season!
Some of this year’s highlights will include the following:
- From December 21 to 23, get some magical photos with Santa!
- The snow tubing park will be open from December 21 2017 to January 7 2018 from 10am to 6pm
- Night skiing and every night entertainment will going on in Ted’s Bar + Grill from December 21 2017 to January 7 2018.
- Enjoy Christmas Dinner at the resort on December 25. Adult admission to dinner is $27.99, children 12 & under admission is $17.99.
- Come to see the annual Torchlight Parade + Fireworks event on December 26!
- New Year’s Eve celebrations will take place on Sunday December 31. For kids, there will be live entertainment, for teens there’s the Tube Park Party, and for adults there is live music. For the whole family there will be snowshoe fondue and night skiing!
Holiday skiing and snowboarding camps are also available during this event! These last for 3 days (from December 27 to 29) and are great for kids ages 4 to 12. Mornings will be spent working on winter sports skills, while the afternoon will consist of many games and fun activities in the snow! These camps will include a lesson each day, lunch, and an afternoon spent in The Tube Park. Registration is $199. Equipment rentals and ticket specials are also available.
For more details and to book your stay for these many festive events, please contact the resort (see below for details).
Event Name: Winter Wonderland
Date: Sunday, December 17, 2017 till Thursday, January 7, 2018
Time: 9am to 9:30pm
Location: Mount Washington Alpine Resort, P.O. Box 3069, STN Main, Courtenay
Contact: Mount Washington Alpine Resort
Official website: https://www.mountwashington.ca/
Featured image credit: “Courtenay” by the Province of British Columbia, https://www.flickr.com/photos/bcgovphotos/15953266661/. Licensed by https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/.